The Year in Review: 2009
I only knit up 8,362.9 yards this year. :( I knit up over 12,000 in 2008 and over 16,700 the year before. However, unlike 2008, my decrease in knitting had more to do with being distracted by good things. Oh, and having to rip stuff out a million times. Ha!
I did pretty badly on my knitting resolutions for this year.
1. Knit more sweaters. Well, I went from finishing 2 in 2008 to just barely finishing a single one in 2009. Fail.
2. Knit at least six pairs of socks. Another fail. I only finished 2 pairs, neither for myself. Needless to say, I didn't have one on the needless at all times like I'd hoped.
3. Knit with my handspun. I knit four things with my handspun: Boob, Morning Surf Scarf, Mustard Scarf, and Dashing. Woot.
4. Finish up my 5 UFOs: Wedding Capelet, a cowl from my Stitches Midwest 2008 class swatch, John's Smokin' Sweater, Dogwood Donna, Nantucket Jacket. Well, I finished John's sweater and frogged the Nantucket Jacket, but the other three are still sitting around. I'm hoping to have Meghan put in a zipper and lining for the Dogwood Donna pouch this year.
5. Knit challenging things. Nope. I was boring.
6. Buy less yarn. I went from just over 25,000 yards at the beginning of the year to about 26,850 right now. Not horrible. It doesn't help that I haven't been knitting sweaters.
7. Publish a pattern for sale. Nope.
For me: 12 projects
First Row: Womb, Gretel, Ishbel, Felicity
Second Row: Ogee Lace Skirt, Francis Revisited, Birthday Cowl, Tapestry Cowl
Third Row: Dish Cloth, Lace Capelet, Ishbel 2, Dashing
For others: 18 projects
First Row: Jaywalker Cowl, Little Pink Heart, Octopus, Boob
Second Row: Icing Swirl Hat, Smokin', Textured Rib Socks, Cap'n Crunch
Third Row: Nichole's Simple Fitted Cowl, Michelle's Legwarmers, Mustard Scarf, Morning Surf Scarf
Fourth Row: Milkweed, Gentleman's Fancy Sock, Log, Manatee
Fifth Row: Cabled Hat of Awesomeness, Marsan Watchcap
What do I want to do in 2010?
1. Knit at least 3 sweaters.
2. Knit at least two pairs of socks for myself.
3. Knit a pair of colorwork mittens. I have a TON in my queue.
4. Write another pattern.
5. Buy no yarn. I have more than enough to keep me very, very entertained for the upcoming year. I think the only exceptions I would have to make would be for gifts if there isn't anything suitable in my stash. Depending on how things are going in the Fall, I might make a small exception for Stitches Midwest.
Comments: Post a Comment