I just started working on a pair of Log Cabin Socks last night and finished the first one tonight. However, I'm a bit concerned about fit, so it's being sent off to be tried on by someone with the same size foot. Hopefully, it'll work out well.
FO: Bright Orange Socks
Pattern: Beaded Rib
From: Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: 405 yds Froehlich Wolle Special Blauband in 33, which I dubbed "Traffic Cone Orange"
Needles: US 1½ / 2.5 mm Knit Picks 6" Metal DPNs
Timeline: started 08.04.2007; finished 02.20.2008 (Let it never be said that I'm a fast sock knitter.)
Not much to say, really. They were a sort of in-between-projects project for me for, oh, over 6 months. I did them toe up with a short row heel, and they fit really well. I'm calling them my birthday socks now because I finished them just in time to wear them on my birthday today!
Well...a bout of super-crappy sickness hit me full force on Monday night, so knitting has been dragging. I'm feeling moderately OK right now, but I'm very, very happy I'll be working from home tomorrow. The plan for Friday is to head up to The Fold. I've never been before, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.
I still need to take some good FO pictures of my Phiaro Scarf. I actually wore it Sunday night right after I finished it, so that's definitely a good sign. With any luck, I'll be able to take some pictures of it on Friday.
My bright orange socks are still on the needles. I'd love to have them finished by the end of the week, but we'll see how that goes. I have about 40 more rows or so of the pattern and then a bit of ribbing. Plus, I'd like to redo the bind-off on the first one.
The only other projects on the needles are Dogwood Donna and the Nantucket Jacket. I haven't touched either in a month or more. However, I'm tempted to cast on for a cardigan with a bunch of Elsebeth Lavold Angora that I nabbed at Loopy on Monday night.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. Hopefully, the next post will make up for it.
Yes, it's supposed to look like that.
I'm almost done with the Phiaro Scarf. I probably would still be knitting it, but the yarn (actually all of the knots in the yarn) was aggravating me, so I decided to call it a day. I probably only stopped 2-3 rows short of using up all of the yarn, but a big WHATEVER to that. Hopefully, I'll be able to braid the seventy bazillion ends tomorrow and get a good picture for an FO post tomorrow. It's currently hanging up to dry to straighten out all of the kinks in the dropped stitches.
I'm so glad to get this off of the needles. There's only so much stockinette in the round I can take.
So...I'm still trucking along on the Phiaro Scarf. It's completely mindless knitting (stockinette in the round), but I'm using it as another chance to practice continental knitting. Woo hoo!
Please excuse the uneven stitches. I'm working on it!
In other news, I got yarn for another gift. Isa's keeping an eye on it until I can wind it up.
Also, I did manage to finish a project that I'd been working on for about 2 weeks, but it's a gift, so I can't post about it here. You can find it if you look for me (lynnewio) on Ravelry, though. I can't wait to post about it!
FO: Stuffies - Kitty
Pattern: Stuffies, Kitty Version
Yarn: 74 yds of some random indigo 2-ply wool from the farmer's market (left over from Droplet Hat - stash busting!)
Needles: US size 10 Takumi Bamboo DPNs
Stuffing: from an old pillow
Eyes: a bit of Istex Ãlafoss Lopi in 9975 (left over from Farmer's Market Bag
Heart: a bit of Istex Ã�lafoss Lopi in 9970 (left over from Farmer's Market Bag
Timeline: started 02.04.2008; finished 02.08.2008
This was my first attempt at needle felting and I think it went pretty well.
This is for a friend's little girl. I wanted something relatively quick, something that would use stash yarn, and something incredibly adorable, and this fit the bill perfectly. The only issue I had with the pattern was that I found the "Inc 1" a bit confusing at first. I thought it meant M1, but it actually meant to do K1fb or another such increase into the stitch.
I needed to make sure that I conserved as much yarn as possible when I was knitting it, since I didn't have much yarn for it. Obviously, I skipped the arms and legs. I also decreased the body at the bottom to a sort of point: a stylized tail, if you will. The other thing I did was to keep the stitches on the head between the ears live instead of binding them off. I knit the whole first ear in the round, kitchenered the middle stitches together, and then knit the second ear the same way. It worked out great. It all seemed to work out pretty well, since I only had about 6" of yarn left.